- The number of serious incidents in schools are increasing rapidly in Europe. For example, the reported number of violence and threats against teachers in Sweden has doubled in the last five years.
- Usually the worst damage occurs already during the first 10 minutes when neither the police nor the security guards may be able to be there to assist.
- Despite investments in access control systems and similar tools, most incidents are still initiated by persons with access to the school.
Within seconds after an incident, it’s crucial that the right actions are taken locally to minimize any critical consequences. The correct information and instructions about actions like lockdowns, evacuations or similar, need to be immediately and automatically distributed in a coordinated way to the intended school staff, students and emergency centers.
AddSecure School Safety is a flexible, secure and reliable communications solution, which can immediately handle and act upon all kind of incidents, triggered manually or automatically, from both fixed and mobile alarms.
Within few seconds all relevant recipients will receive instructions and information according to your pre-defined incident scenarios. A dedicated high-security pager network assures that all critical messaging gets through – a congested cellular network or a muted phone is not an alternative in an emergency situation.
The information screens used in the solution, mounted in public areas and staff rooms, can be used for general information such as changes in schedule, food menu etc. when an incident scenario is not active.
- With appropriate and immediate local actions, you will be able to limit personal injuries and suffering, even save lives.
- Correct information and clear instructions are spread automatically, why the probability for wrong decisions and any unfortunate delay is minimized.
- By using School Safety on a daily basis for general information and regular incidents like vandalism and drug dealing within the school area, the staff will be well prepared if a serious incident occurs. This also increases the sense of safety among students and school staff.